We are excited about having this new technology in our office for our dental procedures. This current emerging standard of care in dentistry and dental implantology is the use of three dimensional x-ray studies. The 3-D images allow the doctor to collect the needed and highly valuable diagnostic information so they can best plan and deliver dental procedures for patients.
Cone Beam 3D Imaging provides three-dimensional imaging to enhances diagnosis and treatment planning by providing more accurate and detailed information that can not be obtained with regular dental x-rays radiographs.
With cone beam produced images, hundreds of data points are gathered and assembled by a software solution to provide these three-dimensional views of any aspect of a given patient’s teeth. This data is then imported into the software for the purpose of comprehensive diagnostic analysis and pre-surgical treatment planning. Cone beam images are reconstructed by the software into three-dimensional planes, which allows the dentist to interact with and manipulate the images.
• Offers advanced imaging within the practice
• Allows doctors to visualize anatomy that can not be diagnosed externally or in 2 dimensional images.
• Safer – delivers less radiation to the patient than traditional CT scans.
• Open environment ensures patient comfort during dental procedures.
• Thorough diagnostic information (optimum view of the critical anatomy of all oral and maxillofacial structures.)
• More accurate treatment planning – confirm certain treatments are necessary.
• More predictable treatment outcomes for dental procedures.
• Reduces the length and cost of therapy
• Delivers quicker and easier image acquisition – typical scan takes only 20 seconds.